Monday, September 10, 2012

Leg #3/4- Fly Over States...

Home. Sweet. Gallup.


Saturday was a LONG day. It was crazy to watch the scenery change from farmland to desert.  Huge thank you to Eric who did 3/4 of the driving on Saturday. We made it to Albuquerque around 4PM found the airport/scoped out hotels and decided to continue to Gallup, just to check it out. We made it to Gallup around 7, found my living quarters and the location of the hospital, just to turn around and drive 2 hours back to Albuquerque for the night. We were basically on I-40 all day and eventually got sick of XM radio so I played DJ for a bit. I needed a break from Eric singing T. Swift. Anyway we didn't kill each other, I mean come on people 4 days is nothing compared to the 9 months we spent in close quarters.


After sleeping in on Sunday grabbing some Dunkin' (not as good as at home), driving through the University of New Mexico's campus, and then a burger at Fuddrucker's it was time to say bye to Eric :(. He made it home at 11 PM which is crazy to think how fast/far planes go after driving that distance.

Gallup:
I am living at a school's Mission House, where a few teachers at the school live and a pharm student on rotation at GIMC as well. It lies at 7,000 ft of elevation which is quite different from the 0-53 ft I am used to! It is very dry and I'm trying to drink lots of H20 just to stay hydrated/recover from my 4 day caffeine binge. I am looking forward to starting (hopefully) tomorrow!  I hope to get some more exploring done today, there are a bunch of trails around campus/ maybe I'll explore town a bit! Good Luck to all QUPT's on their last first day of clinical!!
Overall I think Jason Aldean says it best: 

On the plains of Oklahoma 
With a windshield sunset in your eyes
Like a watercolor painted sky
Where like a water color painted sky

You'd think heavens doors have opened
You'll understand why God made 
Those fly over states

Take a ride across the badlands
Feel that freedom on your face
Breathe in all that open space
Meet a girl from Amarillo
You'll understand why God made 
You might even wanna plant your stakes
In those fly over states, yeah

Have you ever been through Indiana
On the plains of Oklahoma
Take a ride


No comments:

Post a Comment