Wow. I don't even know where to begin. It all started when Eric wouldn't let me stop in Franklin, IN to see the world's largest rocking chair...
Then we made it to St. Louis:
Then things got crazy! We hit some pretty bad storms at the Missouri/Oklahoma line. So Carrie Underwood- I don't wanna hear "There’s not enough rain in Oklahoma" because we saw plenty today and nearly got "Blown Away!". We ended up pulling off at a truck parking stop because our truck was being blown quite a bit and good thing we did... after 20 minutes, lots of lightening, downpouring rain and crazy wind, we continued on our way. 10 minutes down the road was an overturned tractor trailer, driver's side up and enough room to allow police to have vehicles pass on the shoulder. As we breathed a sigh of relief that we made the right choice to pull over, we were wondering why no one was driving on the East Bound lanes of I-44. We got our answer about 10 miles later when ANOTHER tractor trailer was overturned...this one was traveling westbound but the tractor went over the jersey barrier and completely blocked the eastbound lanes and sadly I think the driver did not survive the crash.. the cab was split over the jersey barrier and it did not look good. Prayers for that driver and family. It was a humbling experience knowing that we could have passed that trucker not a half hour earlier but he kept going in the storm.
The day continued to decline when I got a phone call from clinic saying that the HR department held on to my fingerprints too long and I cannot start on Monday. Hmm, a bit of an downer day huh? Well on the bright side I am really enjoying the time with Eric. We stopped a bit earlier tonight to have some down time as more storms hit Oklahoma City when we got here. The weather man said that the storms were so bad because it was 105 degrees out today and a cold front of 60 came through and that caused the huge storms to blow up.
Hopefully a smoother leg tomorrow! Amarillo and Albuquerque here we come!

miss you mer <3 glad you are safe.
ReplyDelete