Friday, October 12, 2012

Cross Country USA

So, last weekend I was not off Rt. 66, I had quite the whirlwind weekend to get to Delaware for Jeff & Emily's wedding. My trip started off with a pricey night in Albuquerque because the Balloon Fiesta is in town so my King Sized Suite was great...

Although, I didn't get much sleep, was up at 5:30 am to get to airport for a 7 am flight. I was hoping the Balloons would be up in the air to get a great view from the sky, but no such luck, cancelled due to wind. But the sunrise in Albuquerque was delightful!


Then it was off to Houston, Tampa, and finally Philly! I took the same plane each time so I didn't get off once from 7 AM Mountain time until 4:30 PM Eastern time. Needless to say I was a little bundle of energy when Allie, Jeff, Austin and Dan picked me up at the airport. 

The wedding was beautiful and the time spent with the fam and Dan was much needed. Only 5 more weeks left out here! Needless to say, Austin was the best dressed man at the wedding, he's gotten so big! 

Soon enough my 40 hours on the ground were over and was on a flight out of Philly at 9 AM Monday, with a brief stop in Chicago, and then lovely Albuquerque and the not so nice drive to Gallup on I-40. Don't get me wrong the scenery is nice the first 2x, not so much the 6th.  Well, off to bed early because we have to do that drive at 4 AM tomorrow to catch the final day of the Balloon Fiesta. Hopefully an exciting blog post from that! 


No comments:

Post a Comment