Thursday, October 18, 2012

Up! Up! And Away!

Albuquerque International Balloon Feista
Over 600 balloons, the largest ballooning event on earth, the most photographed event on earth, and the largest annual international event held in the United States.

3:45 AM...There are only a few reasons I would ever willingly get up at that hour and to be honest I wasn't quite sure if I wanted to yesterday morning....but it was SO WORTH IT! The two and a half hour drive to Albuquerque was uneventful but the moonrise was amazing, I wish my camera was able to capture it but it was quite the sight to see. In addition to the moon, Venus was pretty bright over the desert too, according to EarthSky.org this is what my sight was, only better:

We arrived around 6:30, in time to grab coffee, purchase tickets, catch a shuttle and make it in time for the mass ascension at 7 AM at the park. It was awe-inspiring. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves. 
I couldn't help but think about the movie Up! the whole time that I was there. I would definitely recommend going if you are ever in the area!









No comments:

Post a Comment