Saturday, November 3, 2012

Arizona Adventures!

Flagstaff

Wow, I've been pretty delinquent on this blog but I have been having some fun. The past two weekends have been spent with some Arizona Adventure! The first weekends we (some Rehoboth teachers) headed to Flagstaff..(a short 2.5 hour drive!)....with no specific game plan. As it turns out it was Northern Arizona's homecoming day, so we hung out in downtown and watched the parade. People watching was quite hysterical.  After a lunch at Salsa Brava! (A restaurant featured on Diners, Drive-In's and Dives) we headed out for a hike. The hike was peaceful and it was nice to see some trees. On the way down the hike, in typical MerBear fashion I had quite the graceful skid down some rocks. If there was any change of my leg modeling career, its certainly over now!
Phoenix 
Last weekend I headed to Phoenix Friday, a short 5.5 hour drive, lol stopping in Flagstaff for a bit of dinner. The sunsets around here are gorgeous and Ryan, my co-pilot took some nice pics for me. We stayed at the Saguaro, a pretty interesting hotel. Waking up bright and early we went for a walk around Scottsdale and ended up at Dottie's True Blue Cafe, yet another Diners, Drive-In's and Dives hot spot! The waiter was really good at doing his job because somehow he talked us into Prickly Pear Mimosas! They were delicious! The morning walk was peaceful, it was so quiet and I'm glad we got an early start to the day. The rest of the morning was glorious! Just hung out by the pool in a small piece of heaven for my much needed Vitamin D! It's crazy how much warmer the weather was with just a short drive. The afternoon brought productivity for Ryan, buying a bed and then to cap off the stay in town....GARCIAS! For those of you who don't know, this is the same Garcias that used to be in Albany and I had the famous Pollo Fundido (and took one to go!). Sorry to my family who couldn't join me but the good news for them is I am working hard on perfecting the recipe.
 
             

Keep an eye out for this weekend's adventures in Durango, Colorado and next weeks LA...then the grand finale with Dan in just 2 short weeks! Woo! Making the most of my time in the Southwest. Thoughts and prayers to everyone on the East Coast affected by Sandy.

No comments:

Post a Comment